Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Venice

Last year I read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt and absolutely loved it. The book also served as an inspiration for my friend Alyson and I to take a trip down to Savannah, GA, the protagonist of the book. I picked up Berendt's The City of Falling Angels which is about the 1996 fire in the Fenice Opera House in Venice, and just finished reading it, and of course loved it. One of the reviewers made the comment that Berendt makes you want to immediately get on a plane and visit the places he writes about. So true! Venice anyone?

3 comments:

Allison said...

let's go!

Aly said...

Yeah, I am so up for it! Seriously!

LauriAnn said...

Hooray, I think that I will be able to afford it in about 10 years, so I will start looking for flights! We shoudl start planning a girl trip though. It would be fun!