Thursday, July 10, 2008

Kidless

For our foruth wedding anniversary Joe and I recently took a trip up to northern Idaho...without the kids (thank you Grandma). It was my first night away from the kids since I birthed them. I was pretty excited.

We drove up to Coeur D'Alene and walked around the beach and had dinner at a floating resteraunt. That night we stayed north of Sandpoint at Schweitzer Mountain Resort, which had a great view of Lake Pend D'Oreille.

The next day we went to Silverwood, and amusement park. I was brave enough to ride all the rides, except for a free-falling ride call the Plunge, which disappointed Joe. We hit the waterpark that afternoon during the worst heat of the day. The next day we visited the old Catholic mission (oldest building in Idaho) at Cataldo and walked around the grounds there. We saw the Coeur D'Alene river, and some cemetries, and were eaten alive by mosquitos. We took the scenic drive around Lake Coeur D'Alene on our way home.

It was a great trip, and the kids survived despite our absence!







2 comments:

Aly said...

That sounds like so much fun! What a great trip. Nate doesn't like amusement parks, so I am always trying to find people to go with me. Maybe next time I will invite Joe.

Cam and Josie said...

Wow--how nice! Way overdue too, I'm sure. And just the 2 of you at an amusement park--I love it : ) So that's exciting we will be sort of neighbors soon! We will have to get together sometime for sure!