Monday, September 22, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer wrote today that the end of summer in Seattle will probably be this weekend. So here is the wrap-up of our Summer. Bring on the rain!
1. The "Splash-Down Park" (as named by Madison) in Boise. We spent a couple of hot afternoons here.
2. Silver City, ID. We took a final trip before leaving Idaho to this ghost town. I loved it. Nothing has been restored, so they just left everything how it was when it was inhabited. I did not realize that we would be driving 20 miles on a dirt road through the Owyhee Mountains to get there (I think Joe got a little exasperated at the difficulty of getting there). No wonder it is a ghost town.
3. After our stint in Silver City we knocked all of that dust off at the YMCA swimming pool. Joe took Madison and Hayes down the slide about 50 times. This was during the Olympics and Madison told Joe that he could probably swim in the Olympics someday.
4. We took the kids to the Western Idaho Fair a couple of days before the big move. We looked at the animals, and went to a petting zoo which was really fun. Madison did a couple of rides and we enjoyed some nice greasy carnival food. It was over 100 degrees that day, so we could only stand so much!
5. One of our first weekends in Seattle we rode the bus out to Ballard to see the Locks with Grandma Kathy and Aunt Melissa. It was really cool to see the boats all dock in the lock, the water level drop, and then watch them sail out to sea. We also saw a fish ladder where the fish were coming through this time of year. A funny experience: We were standing right outside a five million dollar yacht waiting to head out into the lake and we could see right into the main cabin of the boat. Hayes was screaming and crying, so this nice woman asked from the boat if he wanted ice cream. He nodded. She came back and tossed us a box of fudgesicles. Hayes immediately stopped crying and started doing a victory dance. He is out of control.