Thursday, September 18, 2008

Madison's Accident

Yesterday we were sitting down to lunch and Madison was jumping around in the chair next to me, when it keeled over backwards. She smacked her head pretty good on the floor. There was blood everywhere, but I thought it was just because she cut her lip. It started to swell immediately and I looked in her mouth and her front tooth had been shoved up into her gum until it was almost not visible. So I am sitting on the kitchen floor, Madison is screaming, there is a pool of blood, and I am looking through the phone book deciding where to go (we are still so new to the area that I had no clue where to start). Fortunately the Children's Hospital is right near our house. Once they got her into a room and turned on the Lion King she stopped screaming. We ended up going to a dentist who said that her tooth would eventually migrate down, but has no idea when. She is handling it pretty well. She can't really eat anything because the swelling is so bad. Hayes has been giving her lots of hugs. Poor kid!

4 comments:

Cam and Josie said...

Poor girl! Ouch!

Emmers said...

good crap... that is sick! apparently she will have to choose books b/c looks aren't as much of an option anymore...

Allison said...

this is horrible! poor poor kid. what a nightmare.

Aly said...

Oh my goodness. That is so sad! She looks like she had a bad lip job. I would have been freaking out if i were you. HOpefully it goes back to normal soon.