Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Winter Break with the Fam



The last part of our Christmas break was spent with my family in Boise. The house was full this year with everyone home. We had a great time with everyone. This year my siblings, Joe, and I did a drawing for gifts, and had a $20 limit plus one other restriction: the gifts had to be homemade. The Vaterlaus' are crafty, but only in the other sense of the word, the one that doesn't actually involve making crafts. Most of the gifts were actually pretty good, my sister made me some jewelry, Joe made a mystery date box for my brother, some leather working by Alex, carpentry by Max, and Mitch made an apron and cookbook, but some gifts were a little shady. I am not going to name names, but someone did SPRAY PAINT some Vans shoes and passed them off as "homemade." Not only that, they spray paint ran so they just look all jumbled, reek of spray paint if you are within 10 feet, and are probably seriously flammable. We did die laughing about it though.


We kept ourselves entertained by hosting a girl's night at Amelia the movie. My sister took me to New Moon (yes, I finally saw it). We went to the Humanitarian Bowl. We saw both my grandparents. We also played a lot of Rock Band, and apparently I monopolized the drums. We also went out to dinner, constantly one-upped each other, watched movies, talked about why we are so awesome, and I BEGGED for someone to get married and get my kids some cousins! Thanks everybody for a fun time!

















2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like how there are random people that I don't recognize in your family pictures!

I also like your festive KISS Christmas shirt!

I missed having a fa ra ra ra ra dinner with the V's on Christmas this year!

Emmers said...

that would be embarrassing if it was me that made those shoes.