Tuesday, January 5, 2010

BOWL SEASON!



Priorities and other nonsense aside, there are at least 5 best nights of my life. Here they are, in no particular order:


1. My first kiss with Joe. I felt like I waited forever, and even lured him to Panther Falls at night, but finally after a heated argument involving politics he kissed me.

2. The night Madison was born. There was an eclipse, the Red Sox won the World Series, and I had been in labor for days, literally. And those little, dark eyes just looking around all night were pretty cute.

3. The night Hayes was born. We couldn't pick a name (or Joe just wouldn't come around to what I had already decided), and it was like 60 degrees out in January. He was such a nice baby.

4. The first Fiesta Bowl, and you all know what I mean. I was 9 months pregnant, in Virginia, watching with my nay saying husband Joe and friend Erik freaking out for my beloved Broncos. Zabransky with his trick plays! Winning the game after midnight! The total elation I felt when they won! (I would probably rank this as #1 but people would definitely question my priorities).

5. Fiesta Bowl: Deja Blue! I totally didn't think the Broncos were going to win again, but they did! And more trick plays! I will never miss another BCS bowl game featuring the Broncos!


As many of you may have noticed I am getting into college football more and more. Some may even say that I am becoming a fanatic...and those people may be right. This was my second year attending the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise. I always root for the WAC team, because I love the WAC almost as much as I love the Broncos. The game this year was pretty thrilling (Idaho vs. Bowling Green), Idaho pulled out a victory at the last minute on a two-point conversion. I was so glad they won (even though during the regular season the are my rival) and that they didn't go into over time (my feet were totally frozen by 4th quarter). The Humanitarian Bowl has been a fun family tradition. My dad, Joe, and my brothers, their exchange student Patrick, and some other friends went this year. We really enjoy trash-talking each other. Thanks for the memories Dad!











1 comment:

Jessie Lewis said...

Bootcamp is just an exercise class. It's pretty intense, most days. You'll love sewing! I was totally new to it when I started, and I'm still not great, but I love laying in bed thinking of what I want to make next. There are so many awesome site out there with lots of free tutorials.
Have fun with it!