Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Humanitarian Bowl

The pinnacle of my Christmas break would have been the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego, but Boise State lost by ONE POINT, so I am waiting until next year...

The new high point of this holiday season was the Humanitarian Bowl at BSU last Tuesday. I went to the game with my brother Max, my dad, and grandpa, Joe, and some others. The Nevada Wolf Pack and Maryland Terrapins had the priviledge of playing on the blue turf this year. The weather was pretty good, not too cold, and the game was fun to watch! Unfortunately, Nevada lost, another blow to the WAC (my second love, behind the Broncos). This was my first bowl game, and it was awesome, just knowing that I was probably in some crowd shot on ESPN is satisfying. I am definitely going to the BCS bowl game that the Broncos make it to next year! (Side note: who would have thought this post would have ever happened five years ago?)

3 comments:

Aly said...

I was just thinking the same thing. There is no way I would ever have a post about football. Joe is a lucky man. And you are an unusual woman!

Stephanie said...

I'm still a little shocked when I hear you passionately defending the wac...but I love it! And just to spite Weston, James and Clark - GO BRONCOS!

Nicole said...

Looks fun! I'm glad I can now check and see what the Deavers are up to! Had a fun time with you guys last week!