Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bye Bye Baby

Yesterday was Hayes' 2nd birthday and I feel like we are leaving babyhood behind! We took Hayes and Madison to the Children's Museum by bus (Hayes' preferred mode of transportation). It was nice to go on a weekday because it wasn't so busy. Hayes and Madison love one of the rooms where the have constructed models of storybooks, like Goldilocks and the Three Bears and Arthur's Pet Business (one of our favorites) and play where their favorite characters live. They also love the kid-sized Metropolitan Market where they can drive around shopping carts and purchase the foods they like! Hayes had a great time.

After the Children's Museum, we hit the real Metropolitan Market to get Hayes' birthday dinner. He is our little vegetarian. He loves fruits and vegetables, so we loaded up on produce. He really got into the present opening this time, and was thrilled that I had wrapped everything in orange, his favorite color. We finished off with the orange cupcakes that he helped me make.















5 Things About Hayes:
1. He can peel a tangerine all by himself. He loves them so much, I always catch him sneaking them, meticulously peeling them, and then devouring them.
2. He LOVES to read. When he won't go to sleep at night, he sits in his crib with a stack of books reading, until I come in later and he is face down in a book asleep.
3. He is very mercurial. Usually he is an easygoing guy. But...if he gets mad, he gets mad, and I am at my wits end trying to decide how to handle him then!
4. He is a true mama's boy. He is more of an introvert than Madison. Last Sunday was the first time he stayed in nursery without Joe or me since our move to Seattle.
5. He likes to tell jokes. If you ask him what's for lunch or dinner and he will say "cheese" or "cookies," and expect you to crack-up because who has cheese or cookies for a meal?

3 comments:

Emmers said...

i love that madison is trying to blow the candles out... so fitting... he is BIG... I bet he misses mUUtch

Cam and Josie said...

It is hard to believe Hayes is two--so grown up! What a sweet boy : ) We will have definitely have to connect up here one of these days!

Aly said...

Happy Birthday, Hayes! Her is so adorable and I can't believe he is already two. Time has gone by so fast! I had one of my birthdays, my sixth, at the Seattle Children's Museum and also have pictures and my favorite memories in the market! Okay, so I was thinking that maybe the Mon. or Tues. before your Wicked Weekend and then stay until Thurs. or Fri., which ever works for you. Let me know if that would be too crazy and too close.