Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sibling Dates





For Christmas this year my brothers, sisters, Joe, and I drew names and instead of getting each other presents we took each other on "dates." there were some really cute ideas. Joe and Max went tubing at Bogus Basin and to a taco truck. Alex and Mitch went to hot yoga and got granola. Alex got me some books on the Teton Dam (my thesis topic) and is going to take me to the museum when I make it out to eastern Idaho. Clare is taking Joe go-cart racing. Etc.

I took my sister Emily to get a festive holiday manicure. We picked the colors, but the ladies who were working on our nails suggested some nail art, and started to add gems, snow men, christmas trees, and stars. It was pretty appalling, but what can you do.

After that I made Emily lunch while we watched Gilmore Girls. So fun!

3 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

SO cute! i love the sibling date idea!!!! and i love gilmmore girls too! anytime you wanna watch it just call me up gilie :)

Jessie Lewis said...

What a fun idea! I wish I had a closer relationship with my siblings and their significant others so that we could do something like that.

Aly said...

I LOVE that idea! That is so fun. And yes, those nails are something you would see on The Nanny. But Gilmore girls?! A+.