Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yellowstonextravaganza

This last weekend we went to Yellowstone, one of my favorite places ever! We camped out right on the Snake River near Ashton, ID and it was so pretty. We got to do my favorite part of camping: s'mores!

We one intense day at Yellowstone and saw basically everything we wanted to. Geysers, mud pots, fumaroles, buffaloes, bears (8!), deer, cranes, majestic mountains, and trees! The highlights from the trip were Hayes referring to Old Faithful as "shooting up into the into a masterpiece," and a park ranger trapped in a bathroom because he was escaping a bear. So funny. I want to go back and explore some more! Also, sorry for adding too many pictures, but I didn't include at least a hundred of them.
























































































































4 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Your hair is soooo long!!! I am incredibly jealous!!! :(

Aly said...

I was thinking the same thing: your hair is so long! Yellowstone is gorgeous. I love that the landscape is just so rugged.

Stephanie said...

Hey this is a random thought but right now I'm reading "Angle of Repose" by Wallace Stegner, and all of the wild west stories are making me think of you and your love of western desolation. If you haven't read it I totally recommend it 100%! You would love it.

Jessie Lewis said...

That last pic is so cool. I want to be outdoorsy! Stupid AZ heat.