Sunday, July 18, 2010

The 4 1/2 Miler





























































Yesterday we ventured into the Boise National Forest near Lowman, and did a hike. I found the hike on the internet, and on several sites it was ranked as an easy hike and great for kids. I would have ranked it as moderate, and not necessarily for kids as young as ours. Nevertheless, it was great, everyone made it, and had fun.

We basically climbed a mountain. We followed Clear Creek most of the way up, and forded it a couple of times. We saw all kinds of wildflowers and trees, and a couple of chipmunks and birds. The kids did surprisingly well. There were no tears until the final tenth of a mile to the top. We were excited to finally summit (we climbed 1300 feet at least), especially because we knew the way back to the car was all downhill! Hayes remarked to me that he likes hiking, but he never wants to do this particular hike again. Fair enough.

2 comments:

Aly said...

Its beautiful. I love how active you guys are as a family. I never go do that kind of stuff because 1)Nate hates hiking and 2) I would be afraid my kids would break down about a tenth of a mile in and make it miserable.

Stephanie said...

LOVE Madison's Kilgore shirt! Doesn't get better than that.