Wednesday, March 10, 2010

LauriAnn turns 28 Today - 03/10/10


Hello - This is Joe. I have no idea how to blog. I even had to sneak onto LauriAnn's account. It took a couple of tries, but she isn't too unpredictable with her login/password info. She has been making lists for the rest of us for our birthdays. You can check them out if you scroll through her posts. I decided to make a set of lists for her. I have selected 28 awesomenesses of LauriAnn broken down into 4 groups of 7: Things She Loves, Things She Hates, Things She Has Mastered, Things She Has Yet To Accomplish. Enjoy! Happy Birthday! I Love You!


Things She Loves:

1. Cookies
2. History
3. Reading Books and Magazines
4. Running
5. The Desert
6. Certain T.V. Shows (Lost, Bones, Glee, Biggest Loser, Top Chef)
7. The Boise State Broncos


Things She Hates:

8. "Creepy, Little" Eateries
9. The Entire State of Ohio
10. Messes
11. Bathroom Talk
12. So You Think You Can Dance (especially that Cat Deeley)
13. Beans
14. The BCS


Things She Has Mastered:

15. Cleaning (Our place is always shining, and she has even cleaned our friends' places, too.)
16. Getting Ready (In all the years I have known her, she has never NOT gotten up, showered, dressed and ready for each day.)
17. Writing Thank You Notes (She even made me write a note for a birthday card I received.)
18. Baking Pies
19. Providing Our Parents With Grandchildren (However, I don't know if this is a reflection of her mastery or the ineptitude of our siblings.)
20. Putting up with Madison and Me
21. Cooking (She has absolutely mastered some dishes, mastered looking for new dishes, mastered, mastered mixing in uber-healthy and vegetarian dishes. She is an excellent, excellent cook.)


Things She Has Yet to Accomplish, But From My Vantage Point Appears to Want to:

22. Travel to Distant Places (someday sweetums....someday)
23. Receive a Degree From Boise State University (She was recently accepted into their Master's program for History.)
24. Name a Child With a Ridiculous Presidential Name (Van Buren, Taft, Nixon, Jackson for a girl)
25. Win our Fantasy Football League (or at least prevent Erik Dryden from winning it)
26. Go on a Luxurious Shopping and Spa Vacation
27. Putting Up With Hayes
28. Witness Firsthand The BSU Broncos Win The National Championship (or at least a BCS Bowl Game)

Hope you have a great birthday!!!

11 comments:

Emmers said...

LauriAnn - I can't believe you fake posted as if you were Joe... that is funny though. hahahahahha

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Happy Birthday girl!! Hope you have a fabulous day!!

sally said...

Happy Birthday LauriAnn! That is the sweetest post I've seen in a long time. I hope you had a great day.

Clare said...

oh i almost teared up!
joe is the best...
that was very kind of him... lauriann is very good at all those things, but you missed one joe... 3 girls in a room!!

Aly said...

Cat...I still think of you every time I see SYTYCD! And you really are the cleanest person I know. Joe- you should let LauriAnn use Van next for a boy. I love it! Great post. Happy Birthday! I can't wait until we can do some of our traveling together. The first year we get both of our youngest kids in elementary school, we need to go somewhere just with girls. And next year you should come to London with us!

The Olson Family said...

So sweet Joe. Great idea. All husbands should take note. Happy Birthday LauriAnn!!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday LauriAnn!
Hope you celebrated with something yummier than Barb cookies!

LauriAnn said...

I am just glad that everyone actually believes Joe really hacked my account...except Emily. I did have a great birthday thanks to Joe (and not really my kids who were upset all day because it was not their birthdays). And Steph, I had some cupcakes that were definitely better than Barb cookies, but only slightly! And Alyson I can't wait for our next trip!

Cam and Josie said...

Happy Birthday LauriAnn! What a sweet hubby Joe is ; )

Juliann said...

Oh that was a precious post! You are an amazing woman LauriAnn. I'm so glad we have become friends! You're great!

Jessie Lewis said...

Three things.
One: I'm so impressed that you shower and get dressed everyday.
Two: I still use your apple pie recipe you provided at some church gathering at SVU.
Three: Happy Birthday!