Monday, November 2, 2009

Boise/Halloween

On Thursday the kids and I flew to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Boise. We left Joe at home to study for his Cardiovascular final, fun! We had a great visit. Grandma and the kids decorated sugar cookies to look like pumpkins. We also were able to visit some friends, including Hayes' girlfriend Annie (ask him anytime who his girlfriend is, and he will tell you it is Annie, it's pretty funny).

Thursday night, my parents, my friend Melissa and I went to a dinner for Idaho Humanities. It was great. We heard prolific writer and Lincoln scholar Harold Holzer speak about the relevance of Lincoln today.

Friday I hit the Idaho State Archives for some research. It went well, now I just need to finish up my paper!

Saturday my dad and I went to the Boise State/San Jose State football game. I was so glad to be back at the blue turf. The game was a blast. My dad got picked to go on the field at half time to kick a 35 yard punt into the back of the orange Bronco truck to win it. He did a pretty good job, but we didn't make it home with the truck.

That night I took the kids trick-or-treating. They dressed up as their favorite band KISS. They had their guitars, tattoos, face paint, wigs, and black fingernails. They were the coolest kids on the block. We got to see a lot of friends from Boise, and the kids were glad to get a lot of candy!

We had a fun time in Boise!




























5 comments:

Aly said...

sounds like fun! Your kids look fantastic. And you got to hear Holzer? I am jealous.

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

WOW! Those costumes are nuts!! How fun!! :)

Emmers said...

I hope Mom washes my sheets before I get home this weekend... who knows where those little footies have been.

Stephanie said...

Yes! I love the Halloween costumes! Their facial expressions kill me!

Sounds like a fun little trip!

Dan and Katie said...

I love finding old friends blog hopping/stalking! How are you? You look great and your kids are so cute!!