Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Day of School

Madison had her first day of real school yesterday. She started a Lutheran preschool 3 times a week, and I think that she is going to LOVE it. Hayes and I went with her for an orientation yesterday. The teachers seemed fun, and Madison has plenty of new potential friends. I met a lot of the moms who were wearing professional wear and holding their Starbucks, and felt kind of funny because I still felt way less grown-up than them, but they were really nice. It is a religious preschool and they do sing a prayer before snack time, which I can honestly say I have never seen done before. I don't think Madison and Hayes realized they were praying, but thought it was fun anyway. After the orientation we went to chapel, and Madison and Hayes kept loudly asking what chapel was. I had to explain to them that it was kind of like church. Fortunately they enjoyed the new church, and Pastor Peterson's story about the creation. I think Madison is going to love it, and I was really impressed with the school!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Madison's first day of school outfit rocks!