Monday, August 24, 2009

Tasty Summer Lunch

This summer my favorite lunch has been hummus with whole wheat flat bread, so I thought that I would share the recipe! I got it from The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook (shout out to Liz, our favorite editor there)and it is super easy and really good.

HUMMUS

1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed
1/4 cup tahini*
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup water
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons lemon juice

*Tahini is sesame paste, and I found it in the international/Asian food aisle of the store. You have to stir it up pretty well before you use it because it separates in the can.

I throw all of the ingredients into the food processor until they are mixed, put it into a container, and refrigerate it for about half an hour before enjoying. In addition to being a great dip for flat bread, it is good on vegetables too!

1 comment:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

That sounds really good!! If I every cooked, maybe I'd try it :)
Poor Shawn... so accustomed to cold cereal for dinner :)