Saturday, April 4, 2009

PROM 2009




Last night Joe and I went to UW's med school prom at the Space Needle. When we found out they were having it at the Space Needle we had to go, even though we aren't really dancers.
That afternoon a couple of my friends and I got ready together (so high school, so fun) and had someone do our makeup and stuff. I did my own hair, which ended up being a lot of time with the curling iron! I have way too much hair! The dance was pretty fun. I totally was like prom, and I think some of the songs they played I did hear at my first prom. We had dinner and met some of Joe's classmates. It was nice to finally put faces with names. After dinner we headed up to the observation deck to get an excellent view of Seattle. It finally stopped raining and was actually pretty nice. My favorite part was people-watching seeing what the other girls were wearing and watching everyone dance. We had a ton of fun! I love to get dressed up! (P.S. I stole almost all of these pictures off of my friend Melissa's blog (pictured below) so I can't take credit for the photography).











4 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

How Fun!!!!! You look sooooo beautiful! What a neat memory!

Aly said...

That looks like so much fun. YOu look so pretty! I am jealous!

Stephanie said...

Your hair was worth the time, it looks smashing! I like your dress too. You guys look good (but not quite as nice as the guy in the plaid suit). We enjoyed our little med school prom out here, but it was definitely not in the Space Needle - that is so cool!

Allison said...

lauriann! you look perfect!! i can't believe you did your own hair!!