Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Recent Activites

We have tried to continue our exploration of Seattle and its outlying areas, but they weren't kidding about how much it rains here! A little update of recent activities:

  • Joe's parents came out from Yakima for a weekend visit. We had a fun time going out for seafood (my first time trying mussels, clams, and crabs) and visiting a great farmer's market in Ballard.
  • Joe had Veteran's Day off so we visited the outlet mall in Northbend, and Snoqualmie Falls. Joe and I have seen the falls several times, but it was a first for Madison and Hayes. We picked a bad day however, the rain and mist made it almost impossible to see the falls! So, maybe next time (the pictures are from this excursion).
  • My mom came to visit us this last weekend, and we had a great time. Joe's sister Melissa babysat the kids so that we could go to Andalucca, an upscale downtown restaurant that participates in a Seattle even where 30 restaurants charge $30 dollars for their swanky 3 course meals, to drum up business and attract new customers to their fine dining. Dinner was fantastic, but nothing could compare to the dessert! We also took my mom to Ikea, and anyone that has been to Ikea knows that it is a totally unique shopping experience! Apparently visitors are good luck because the weather here was perfect when my mom came, so if you are worried about the rain ruining a potential trip to visit your favorite Seattlites (the Deavers, of course) don't!
  • I have recently started running with some girls from my ward in the mornings. Our goal is a half-marathon in the spring. We run at six or seven a.m. (I know that no one actually believes that I can get up before nine, but it's true, ask Joe).








2 comments:

Ashley said...

A marathon? Good for you...yeah that's my goal too, but not sure how long it's going to take me to accomplish it!! Don't you just love Seattle weather?? LOL You can't really predict what it's going to be like...besides rainy...Your kids are growing so fast and are always adorable!

Stephanie said...

Nice job on the early morning running. I feel good if I start a workout by 9. I love Madison's little coat, she is stylin!