Sunday, August 10, 2008

At the "Beach"

Joe and I took the kids to Sandy Point, a swimming spot in Boise with a park, some sand, and cold water. Madison and Hayes really enjoyed the picnic aspect of the trip, but I think I sometimes over-estimate just how old they are when I am planning events like this. I pictured them playing in the water the whole time for hours on end, and then having to pry them off the beach to go home. They did have fun, but at their own pace so it was good. They found some shallow pools to play in and enjoyed the sand and finding little fishes in the water. Their favorite part of the trip, by far, was the outdoor shower we subjected them to after swimming to get all of the sand off. If I had only known that a cold shower would have been a fun afternoon activity...

2 comments:

Allison said...

that picture of hayes is too cute!

Aly said...

Holy crap. He is so big!