Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Toad for Sale...






















Things Hayes has done in the last month to totally drive me nuts:

  • Washes his toy trucks when we think he is in bed sleeping with his water bottle...and hand soap...on the carpet.
  • Pour grape cough syrup into his lotion.
  • Pour grape cough syrup into Madison's hair spray bottle (only discovered this one after I sprayed her with a fine grape mist).
  • Dumped an ENTIRE bottle of shampoo into the bathtub to create a bubble bath.
  • Turned off the water heater and the pilot light (discovered after a particularly cold shower).
  • Coated his clothes hanger's hooks with lotion, and then hanged them back up in his closet.
  • Absconded with all of my make-up, which we discovered under his pillow in a pile while he was sleeping.
  • Put Madison's tooth brush inside a huge bottle of hand sanitizer, which we had to fish out.
  • Squeezed a ton of toothpaste into a bathroom cup.
  • Spilled syrup all over the kitchen floor.
  • Opened his own Capri Sun all over the kitchen counter and floor.
Things Hayes has said to redeem himself:

  • "Mom did you sew my name in the bottom of my socks?" (HANES)
  • "Mom I want to snuggle with you."
  • "Mom is my girlfriend."
  • "Mom, why do I have such cute cheeks?"

4 comments:

Clare said...

I think I will buy toad... he is a cute kid. LauriAnn I did enjoy this post, but you did use the word hanged when it should have been hung.... just saying, we all have our faults...
ba ha ha

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i love that he calls you his girlfriend :) that is SO special!!!
sorry about the syrup all over your floor :( i bet that was fun to clean up! ha! isn't it funny how kids can be SUPER irritating and naughty but we still love them to death??? especially those baby boys, huh? :)

Stephanie said...

Thank goodness for those cute cheeks!

Sewing your children's names into their socks would be something you would do, so I can see the confusion there - I love it.

Juliann said...

That just made me laugh out loud!