Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Monday

Hayes started sleeping in a "big boy bed" when we were at Grandma Kristi's house, so Joe set up our little toddler bed while we were gone, so that Hayes could try it out when we got him. A couple of days later, I was trying to shut the curtains in Hayes' room (they are too high for me), lost my balance, and totally fell onto Hayes' bed, and broke it (insert fat joke here, I can take it).

Monday, Joe got out of school early so we ventured down to Ikea to get Hayes a new bed. We decided bunk beds were a practical choice for our growing family (I mean this in an eventual sense, nothing is happening right now). We picked out our favorite, brought it home, and then chaos set in. Our power drill would not stay charged, so we could do about five minutes of work at a time on the assembly process. We had to take literally everything out of Hayes' room just to have enough space for the assembly. Halfway through we realize that Ikea did not include all of the parts (I have a love/hate relationship with Ikea), so we could not put up the ladder or guard rail on the top bunk (where Madison plans on having occasional slumber parties with Hayes). Finally we got everything put together, all of Hayes' stuff put back, and the kids in bed by 10:30. Kind of a nightmare, but kind of worth it. Hayes was pretty excited about his new bed.



2 comments:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

Your kiddos sure are growing up fast!!! They are so darling!

Stephanie said...

I'm kind of laughing picturing you falling and breaking his little bed...I should call you Goldilocks. I'm glad the bed was there to catch you.
I feel the exact same way about IKEA...we got our bed there and it was a fun experience.