Monday, February 16, 2009

Heartbreak Hill

On the morning of Valentine's Day, some of my running buddies (Melissa and Stephanie) and I did our first 10k. The race director told us when we showed up that the course was pretty flat with the exception of "Heartbreak Hill." Melissa and I ran together (Stephanie has a lot more speed than we do), and made to our first big hill, which was huge. It was straight up! So after that we thought we were good. Until we realized there was another, more subtle hill that never ended. We had to run the course twice because we were doing the 10k. The hills caught us off guard, but we still did a really great job!

1 comment:

Aly said...

I am SO impressed! Good job! The hills would have killed me. I had started training for our 10K a couple of weeks ago, then can't exercise for two weeks! It is at the end of March, and now Nate isn't going to be able to do it either. I am going to be slow. Any tips?